TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing to book your stay with Coastal Retreats WA. It is important that you check the receipt to ensure that the dates booked are correct. If they are not correct, please contact us immediately so that changes can be made. Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to your stay with us.
- Reservations for short-term holiday accommodation are accepted by Coastal Retreats WA at 4/58 Dunn Bay Road, Dunsborough WA 6281 as agent for the owner of the property and to which bookings the following terms and conditions shall apply.
- The rental contract is between the guest and the owner of the property for which the holiday accommodation booking is made and is subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- The guest acknowledges that Coastal Retreats WA act as a booking agent for the owner, not the Principal.
BOOKINGS & DEPOSITS
- All amounts are quoted in Australian dollars.
- The booking will be held for a period of no more than 36 hours by Coastal Retreats WA within which time a 50% deposit of your total accommodation must be received and cleared to confirm your booking.
- Bookings are to be paid for in full 4 weeks prior to the arrival date, together with any credit card information and any other payment applicable. It the full payment has not been received by Coastal Retreats WA at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the rental period, then Coastal Retreats WA and the owner reserve the right to cancel the booking without notice and the guest will forfeit the deposit.
- All bookings require credit card details to be held on file as security on the property, in case of any incidentals or damage to the property. Coastal Retreats WA reserves the right to charge this card in case of any damage caused during your stay. Any damage must be settled within 14 days of departure.
- The guest’s credit card details will be saved and stored securely at the time of booking. An exit inspection is completed to confirm the property is in good condition. Coastal Retreats WA reserves the right to charge the card supplied for any damage or incidental charges after your stay. This includes, but is not limited to, extra cleaning, excessive rubbish removal or any damage to the property.
Cleaning Costs – $45 per hour minimum charge. Extra charges will apply on weekends and public holidays.
Rubbish Removal – $25 per bag
Key or Remote-Control Replacement – $50
Damages – Quoted cost of replacement or repair
The guest will be given a valid tax receipt itemising all costs and an explanation of all losses or expenses charged.
A guest registration form is required to be completed for all bookings. The registration form requests details of your name, address, drivers licence number as well as credit card details.
- Once your booking has been confirmed and receipted by Coastal Retreats WA your deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellations 14 days or less prior to arrival will forfeit 100% of the total tariff.
- Cancellations for peak period bookings within 30 days prior to arrival will forfeit 100% of the total tariff. If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable.
- If we receive written notice of cancellation less than 30 days prior to the date of commencement of your holiday and we are successful in finding guests to fill your place at the property you will be released from the liability for the full balance of hire. The deposit will not be refunded.
CHANGE OF OWNERS
- When a booking is made the deposit is accepted by the owner at the time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee the property will remain available. We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by a new owner. However, if the property is sold you will be notified as soon as possible so that you can organise alternative accommodation.
- If your holiday property is listed for sale while you are in residence the occupier agrees to allow the owner or agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers at a mutually convenient time, by appointment. No home opens will be held at the property whilst the property is booked by guests.
Payment may be made by the following methods:
Bank Cheque: Payable to Coastal Retreats WA Trust Account. Post or hand deliver to 4/45 Dunn Bay Road, Dunsborough WA 6281
Credit Card: We require your credit card details to secure your booking (see above). Please contact our office on (08) 9750 5598 or the mobile on 0407 418 267 (international +61 407 418 267) to pay by credit card. Please note that a 2% fee applies to credit card transactions.
Direct Deposit: Bankwest Dunsborough
Account No: 0475794
Reference: Booking reference number
You will receive a pre-check in email 2 days prior to arrival. Please click on the link in the email and complete your COVID19 check in requirements for the safety of the owners, staff and community.
PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS & COASTAL RETREATS WA OBLIGATIONS
- Every care has been taken in compiling the contents of this website. All information about the properties has been provided by the advertisers and reproduced by us in good faith and believed to be correct at the time of publication, however all details are subject to change by the booking agent and/or the owner without notice. Coastal Retreats WA will not be held liable for any errors, omissions, alterations, misunderstandings, or claims arising from the advertisement or any arrangement or booking made with an advertiser. Neither will it be liable for any matter or occurrence beyond the booking agent’s reasonable control, including damage caused by extreme weather conditions, breakdown of appliances, wiring, plumbing, invasion of pests or any act or omission on the part of the owner causing loss, damage, accident or injury to the guest.
- The guest acknowledges that the property is not a hotel but a private accommodation being let for self-catering holidays. The guest further accepts that the property does not have standards or categories recognised internationally, but instead reflects, in its architecture and furnishings, the local traditions and personal taste of the owner.
- Some of our properties are located on rural landholdings and may have unsealed gravel driveways.
- Many of these homes rely on rainwater tanks for their water supply. In the event of a power failure the pump from the rainwater tank may not operate.
- Natural water courses and manmade dams may be on the property or on neighbouring properties. These may be unfenced and may present a hazard to unsupervised children. If this is a concern, please consider the suitability of the property selected as it is at your own risk.
- It is an obligation of our owners that swimming pools are fenced and meet the relevant City of Busselton regulations.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES (IF ANY)
- If additional features such as swimming pool, vehicles, boats or other facilities are indicated as being available at the property at an additional cost to the guest, the additional charges (if any) will be paid at the time of use unless otherwise stated in the confirmation.
- The guest acknowledges that the use of any additional amenities is entirely at the guest’s risk and neither Coastal Retreats WA nor the owner shall accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to property or any third party arising from the use thereof.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
- The check in time is from 2pm.
- You will receive a pre-arrival email once the booking has been fully paid for and this will advise you on directions and key access details.
- An early check in time may be possible however this may only be authorised if it is requested by you PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
- Please note that access to the property keys will not be released until payment is received in full and Holiday Rental Accommodation Agreement Form is fully completed and returned to us.
- Only one set of keys will be given out per holiday property.
- Check out time is strictly 10am on the date of departure.
- Any late departures must be arranged PRIOR TO YOUR STAY and may incur a late fee of $50.
- The keys to the property must be left in the key lockbox upon vacating.
PROPERTY KEYS & REMOTES
- All our properties are fitted with a key lockbox and you will be given your unique code to access when you paid in full.
- If keys and/or remotes are lost or not returned on departure you will be charged for the cost of changing the locks and 3 sets of keys/remotes (if applicable).
- If no spare keys are available tenants may be liable for any costs in gaining entry to the property.
- The keys are your responsibility so please take care of them.
WHAT IS PROVIDED AT THE PROPERTY?
- All properties have doonas and pillows. Fresh linen is supplied to the house at the time of booking and paid for in full within the tariff. This includes bed linen, bathroom and kitchen towels (beach towels are not included). Extra blankets may be provided at the property, but it is recommended to bring extra blankets during winter.
- All our properties are set up as a home away from home and are equipped accordingly. Most have a revolving pantry and will have the following supplies to get you through the first night or two:
- teabags coffee
- toilet paper
- tissues liquid hand soap
- bin liners
- dishwashing liquid
- dishwasher tablets
- kitchen sponge/scourers soap
- All our properties are equipped with a highchair and a portable cot.
- Some of our properties have wood heating and a bag of firewood will be provided. Once this has gone guests are to supply their own firewood.
THE GUEST’S OBLIGATION IN RESPECT OF THE PROPERTY
- The guest will pay for professional cleaning once the property has been vacated and is included in the tariff.
- The guest is responsible for cleaning the BBQ and tools will be provided for this. The guest shall be liable for any extra BBQ cleaning, payable to Coastal Retreats WA.
- We understand that accidents do happen. Please report all accidents to our office on 9750 5598 or the mobile number 0407 418 267 as soon as possible.
- All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area.
- No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on or near the property.
- The guest shall be responsible for the property during the dates of the stay and shall take all reasonable care of the property and shall leave the property in a clean and tidy condition, including the BBQ, all utensils, fixtures and fittings and equipment.
- The guest shall be liable for any breakages, cleaning, repair or replacement of items that may occur during the guest’s stay at the property and shall be payable to Coastal Retreats WA.
- Rubbish bins are provided with all properties. Please ensure all rubbish is removed from your holiday property and placed in the green bin provided.
- Remove all bait from the property including the bins to prevent odour to incoming guests and health problems. Charge will apply.
- Please check for rubbish collection day in your guest information booklet. You are required to place the bin on the kerbside facing the road for collection. Do not leave rubbish on the kerbside.
- Any additional rubbish removal from the property will be charged to the guest.
NOISE, NEIGHBOURS & GUEST NUMBERS
- You must be aware of the impact your noise has on others in the area. Noise and music should not impact any other property and noise levels are always to be kept respectful. There is to be no outdoor music or outdoor entertaining after 11pm.
- Noise complaints may result in evictions and no refund made.
- City of Busselton regulations allow holiday homes to be rented for accommodation purposes only and not as a function venue, e.g. weddings and parties. Functions and gatherings are not permitted and, if evidenced, may be closed immediately and result in eviction and no refund made.
- We cannot accept any leaver bookings at any of our properties.
- The property may only be occupied by the number of persons stated in the booking confirmation. No mattresses, tents, or caravans, or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. If the property is reported to be overloaded the tenants will be asked to vacate with no refund made.
PETS & SMOKING
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the properties and we ask that all cigarette ends are disposed of thoughtfully and safely if you smoke outside.
- Pets are not permitted at any of the properties. If pets are found at the property your reservation will be terminated with no refund.
LOST & FOUND PROPERTY
- Guests are solely responsible for their belongings whilst staying at the property and are required to take the usual steps to prevent any property loss, including locking premises and vehicles when not attended.
- If personal property is left behind and is discovered by our housekeepers, they will place the property in the Lost & Found property store at our office. We will call you and post the item to you. This cost will be charged to your credit card. If the property is not claimed within 30 days, it will be disposed of.
- If you release that you have forgotten something then give us a call, we will contact the housekeeper to see if they have found it. We cannot guarantee the item will be found.
- We reserve the right to charge a $25 fee to collect or search for lost items from a property if they are not found by the housekeeping team.
- It is strongly advised that the guest takes out comprehensive travel insurance from the day they book their accommodation as once the booking has been made and confirmed the guest will be responsible for payment of the full rental whether or not occupation of the property occurs
- Should the unlikely event arise beyond reasonable control of Coastal Retreats WA resulting in the property being uninhabitable, e.g. flood, fire, storm etc or the property is sold by the owner the booking may have to be cancelled. Every effort will be made to relocate the guest to a similar holiday home or transfer the booking and deposit to a suitable date, within a six-month period. If this is not possible a full refund of any payment made by the guest will be given. No further compensation will be offered or paid.